Thursday, February 6, 2014

Easy-Peasy Minecraft Valentines


This is yet another entry into the annals of involuntary crafting. The first one was my kids' birthday parties, which were pretty hellish. I had to make creeper cakes, people. And I don't bake. Period.

And now it's February, Valentine's Day is approaching, and Mojang Inc. has not licensed any Minecraft valentines. Hence I must, yet again, create my own Minecraft-themed paraphernalia.

Ugh.

Words cannot express how upset I am about this. I am NOT crafty. I would much rather purchase pre-made valentines than make my own. Curse you, Mojang!

But I have no choice. Guess how many I have to make. No, seriously, guess.

Ninety-Nine!!!!!

I kid you not. But yes, three Minecraft-crazed kids times thirty kids in each class plus three teachers/aides per kid equals ninety-nine valentines.

I hate my life right now.

Luckily, these are pretty easy to make. All you need is a creeper face template, a pack of green craft paper from Michael's, a heart-shaped cookie cutter, scissors, a pencil and a black marker.


Trace out the heart shape onto the paper, color the creeper face in, and cut. Voilà, instant valentine.


My template was too big, so I ended up free-drawing the face. But it would be a lot easier (and more consistent) if you made a template.

Anyway, now I have 12 valentines. Only eighty-seven to go. Woo-hoo!

2 comments: