Thursday, April 11, 2013

Break's Over


Gardening break is over and I have pretty pots full of flowers. Aren't they pretty?



They'll be all dead in a couple of months, but for now my patio looks really spiffy.

So now it's back to writing.

It wasn't all fun and dirt during my break. I read some craft books, I read a lot of romance novels, and I researched my trope. I also brainstormed about the parts of my draft that I'm not satisfied with. I actually got a lot of work done.

Just not a lot of writing.

Now I have a list of changes that will make my draft stronger. I want to write a new opening scene (I want  a really hot opening). I also want to sharpen my hook and work on my setting. 

I don't have any structural changes yet. I'm pretty happy with the way the architecture of the book. 

That's the good news.

I do have a LOT of changes I want to make. 

That's also good news. Ideas are good. The frustrating part is when I know something's wrong but I don't know how to fix it.

This time I know how to fix it. Or at least I think I do.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment