Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Snowy Spring Break


Most people go to the beach for spring break. We do things differently.

We look for snow.

We went to the Shenandoah National Park for spring break. They still had snow. We stayed at the Skyline Resort and it was fabulous.

We got the cutest little cabin.



It's name was Byrd's Nest.


The cabin had a gas fireplace.



And an adorable writing desk.




To go with the adorable bedroom.


The iron and ironing board confuse me, though. Who irons during a rustic getaway?



We didn't do any ironing. Instead, we went hiking in the snow.



We saw waterfalls.


And we made snow angels.


There was a lending library.


Where we found lots of uplifting reading choices.


There was not TV and no Wi-Fi. Luckily, I had lots of romance novels in my Kindle App.  I was staying in a lodge, so I read a lot of Shannon Stacey books. A lot.

We had a great time.

Next time, though, I want this cabin.


No comments:

Post a Comment