Monday, September 9, 2013

Moar Editing


My book is finally being read. My beta readers should be sending me comments soon. I'm very excited.

I've also been discussing a couple of proposed changes with my critique partner. My CP suggested a new scene that would ramp up the conflict a lot. It sounds like a great idea and I'm already drafting an outline. I'll write it out when I receive the beta reader comments.

The new scene is not the only change I've got planned. I've been mulling over a new idea for a couple of weeks. It doesn't affect the plot, but it changes the setting. It's a bit quirky, but I think it would give the book a fresh feel. I wasn't sure, though, it may be too quirky. I finally worked up the courage to bring it up with my CP, and guess what? She loved it!

So I'm also outlining my new setting. I'm going to have a lot of work when the comments come back so I'm glad the kids are back in school. More time to write!

Image by Morguefile.

No comments:

Post a Comment