Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hard Core!

I've been editing my WIP (the editing, it's like Dracula, it never dies!). I've also received a lot of comments from beta readers, critique partners and contest judges. The criticisms are not unexpected, I know the book's weak spots. However, some comments have been surprising. Readers love my book, and the parts that they love are the crazier, kookier parts. I did not expect that. I thought judges would hate those parts.

So I've been thinking about those comments a lot. I've also been thinking about authors and creators that embrace their crazy. This includes, J.R. Ward, Kresley Cole, the Sharknado creators. I mean, clawed Valkyries? Flying sharks? Who'd have thunk it? 

So I wonder... can I do it? Can I go the full Sharknado on this book? And if I do it, will it work?

I don't know, but the great thing about this "aspiring author" gig is, I don't have anything to lose. I can always edit stuff out. Yes, that means moar editing. Ugh.

But, I'll give it my best shot. In the immortal words of Buttercup:



Powerpuff Girls image owned by Cartoon Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment