Monday, April 7, 2014

Romance Novel Titles

I've been trying to come up with a good title for my book. It's been very frustrating, as nothing seems quite right. Hopefully, the "eureka" moment will arrive before I start submitting in earnest.

During a bout of research/brainstorming I came upon a BookBub post on their most popular titles. It had word clouds which presented the titles in a fun new way and motivated me to think outside the box.

Here's the word cloud for contemporary romance:


That's a lot of "love" in there. Some of the words aren't surprising. Billionaire? Sure. Texas? Okay. But others look really strange. Frog? Box? Long? I have to admit, "long" made me laugh.

And, even more baffling, here's the word cloud for historical romance:


Whoa! That's a lot of "bride" titles. Also, "bushwhacked"? Eugenia Riley must have had a heck of a sale. But I must admit, the unusual word really stands out.

These word clouds were very interesting and they inspired me to do some serious title brainstorming. How does "Long Texas Nights with the Bushwhacked Frog Billionaire" sound?

All images (are the word clouds images or really long funky cites? I can't tell) belong to Bookbub.

No comments:

Post a Comment