Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Back in the Groove!

Wow, I haven't updated the blog in a while. I should fix that. Here are some things I've been reading and watching lately. This is the kind of content you get from my newsletter (as well as publishing updates and book sales!) so sign up!

Ann Aguirre has a new small town paranormal romantic comedy series. The first book is called Witch Please! and it's $7.39 on Kindle, but sadly not on KU. You'll probably be able to find it in your local library though.

Erin Stevens' The Ex-Hex is quite good. Sadly, it's also $10.99 and not available on KU. I apologize for putting such expensive books on the list but paranormal rom coms seem to be having a (sadly quite expensive) trad publishing renaissance and I figure you can likely find them at the library or through online library services like Hoopla.

Sabrina Doria has a witchy charter school series (Encantado Charter Academy Cozy Mysteries), perfect for those of us facing a new school year! The first book is called Too Ghoul for School and it's FREE on KU and $3.99 to buy.

Gena Showalter has a cozy mystery out, Romancing the Stones. The sleuth owns a cemetery which I find very intriguing. It's $5.99 and, sadly, not in KU. A lot of trad pub authors seem to be jumping on the para rom com and para cozy bandwagons. Interesting. 

Willow Mason has a pixie cozy mystery, Pixie Me Up. It's $.99 and FREE on KU.

Autumn is also cabin season and Teagan Maher has a cabin-themed witchy book in her Witches of Keyhole Lake series. It's called Murder in the Mountains and it's FREE on KU and $4.99 to buy.

Amanda M. Lee has a new series with the most fantastic name ever. The series is called Two Broomsticks Gas & Grill and the first book is Sinfully Delicious.

Morgana Best has a Meno-paws Cozy Mystery series and the concept alone makes me giggle. The first book is called A Midlife CatAstrophe and it's $3.99 on Kindle. Sadly, it's on on KU. I love the "mid-life paranormal trend" and am plotting out a series for Yolanda.

If you can't get enough of fluffy familiars, Molly Fitz has Merlin the Magical Fluff. It's $.99 on Kindle and, sadly, not on KU. 

GBBO was my comfort watch during the pandemic and the show's witchy baker, Helena Garcia, has a new book on witchy crafts out! It's called The Witch-Crafting Handbook and it's around $8 on Kindle and $20 hardcover. She also has a cookbook called The Wicked Baker. 

A new GBBO season just started on Netflix and I'm very excited about it. No Helena or Kim Joy to bring the crazy, sadly, but lots of fun new bakers. I'm also watching Only Murders In The Building on Hulu and I love it! Classic murder mystery with great acting (even Selena Gomez who is fantastic!). I should blog some recaps because I have loooooots of thoughts about that series. 

This is not book-related, but I couldn't resist. Modcloth has an amazing line of cute and witchy cardigans for Halloween. I could picture Holly, the Banshee Creek librarian, buying any of these! They also have the unofficial Banshee Creek t-shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment