Sunday, March 31, 2013

Link Fiesta - Black Moment

 Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words “I have a cunning plan” marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?” Edmund Blackadder

I have a cunning plan.

Act 2 revisions are done and I'm off to fix my Black Moment. It's kind of a Grayish-Taupish Moment right now so it needs a lot of work. Luckily, I have a plan.  My hero is through being sweet and is bent on being his controlling, dominating self. My heroine is under considerable emotional stress and is not in the mood to deal with the hero's BS.

This should be good.

The Black Moment is the heart of the romance novel and I really, really want to nail mine. Here are some helpful links I found.

Historical Romance author Anna Campbell writes about crafting the Black Moment.

Katie Lovette has some advice.

Kat Cantrell's blog post defines the Black Moment as the hero's and heroine's greatest need in conflict with one another. Great post.

Nalini Singh thinks you should be mean to your characters.

Wish me luck!

Procrastination Item: Emily Henderson had a contest on styling nightstands. She had some really cool entries. It's amazing how pretty books can look when properly staged. My nightstand right now has a pile of decor magazines, two paperback romance novels, a lamp,  a phone charger (I read e-books on Kindle for iPhone), and a clock. It is the antithesis of style. I should probably try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment