Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pitch Madness (#PitMad)

Yesterday was Pitch Madness Day at Twitter. Basically, you pitch your manuscript to a group of agents in a tweet. You have 140 characters to convey protagonist, conflict, and voice. It's very, very scary.

These events are getting more and more popular, though. I didn't see a lot of romance entries (most entries were YA and Fantasy), but many of the participating agents rep romance. I also saw a couple of Entangled Publishing editors in the feed. 

Some agents were tweeting pitch advice.  I gathered the best advice tweets of the day for future reference.















I don't know whether to do one of these when my WIP is done. Putting your work out there for everyone to see is scary.

What do you think? Have you ever done Pitch Madness?

No comments:

Post a Comment